Pensions Guide | Pensions Help Product Information | Complaints About Your Stakeholder Pension

When you take out a stakeholder pension, the scheme provider will tell you what to do if anything goes wrong and how to complain if you are not satisfied.

There are a number of things you can do, or organisations you can talk to, if you have a complaint about your stakeholder pension. If you have a complaint about how your stakeholder pension scheme is being run and you cannot sort it out with your scheme provider (for example, you are unhappy about your annual statements or the way your premiums are collected), you should contact the Pensions Advisory Service (OPAS).

If your pension contributions are paid through your employer and you find out that your employer has not paid your contributions to the scheme provider, you should contact the Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority (Opra).

The information available should help you decide if stakeholder pensions are right for you. Depending on your circumstances, you might decide to get professional advice from a financial adviser. If you think you have been given incorrect or incomplete advice, contact the company you bought your stakeholder pension from.

If you are still not satisfied, you can complain to the authority that regulates your financial adviser. Financial advisers must tell you which authority covers their work. If you have a complaint, you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.